Oscar 1.2 release notes¶
Welcome to Oscar 1.2.
Table of contents:
Oscar 1.2 is compatible with Django 1.7 and 1.8 as well as Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5.
django-compressorhas been removed as a dependency, and as a way of building
grunt, etc.) for all their statics. But
django-compressorwas hard to remove on a per-project basis, so the decision was made to remove it altogether.
USE_LESSnow enables the browser-based on-the-fly pre-processor.
make csscontinues to run a locally installed LESS binary.
- Fix missing page_url field in the promotions form (#1816)
- The order of basket, order and wishlist lines in now guaranteed to be in the order of creation. Previously, this wasn’t guaranteed, but still almost always the case.
- Partner instances got a default ordering by name.
- If a child product has no weight, we check if a parent’s product weight is set before falling back to the default weight (#1965).
- Address.active_address_fields now uses the saner common name of a country instead of the official name (#1964).
- Custom benefits now don’t enforce uniqueness on the
proxy_classfield, making them more useful (#685).
- Move logic to create basket messages to it’s own utility class basket.utils.BasketMessageGenerator(). (#1930)
- Fix a caching issue in Product.get_absolute_url() (#1925)
- Update the recently_viewed_products templatetag to accept a current_product attribute. (#1948)
mainstylestemplate block was removed. It served as a wrapper for the
stylescontent black and was needed to be extensible while still being able to compress CSS. As
django-compressorhas been removed, it’s not needed any more. Just use
stylesinstead if you happened to use it.
- The keywords block is removed from the main template (#1799)
- The US and Demo sites were both removed from the repository as they were not up-to-date anymore. These might return in the future as separate repositories.
- The RecentReviewsManager, TopScoredReviewsManager and TopVotedReviewsManager managers are removed from the reviews app since they were broken and unused.
- A new unique index is added to catalogue.AbstractAttributeOption to make sure that the group, option combination is unique (#1935)