Oscar 0.6.1 release notes¶
This is Oscar 0.6.1. It fixes one potentially serious data loss issue and a few minor bugs.
Possible data loss from deleted users¶
Before this release, the foreign key from the Order model to the User model did not specify an on_delete behaviour. The default is for deletes to cascade to related objects, even if the field is nullable. Hence, deleting a user would also delete any orders they had placed.
As of 0.6.1, the foreign keys to user, shipping address and billing address on the Order model specify on_delete=SET_NULL to avoid orders being deleted accidentally.
See Django’s docs for more info on on_delete options.
The 0.6 release failed to include several translations from Transifex due to a problem in the way we updated translation files before release. This release rectifies that and includes the latest translation files.
- Django 1.4 only: The changes in #1127 mean you explicitly need to register a call to migrate_alerts_to_users when the post_save signal is emitted for a User model.
The following bugs were fixed:
- #1109 - Workaround for a bug in Bootstrap regarding the collapsing of the navigation bar.
- #1121 - Added a confirmation view to removing products from wish lists because one can’t POST to it in all cases.
- #1127 required that the migrate_alerts_to_user function is now explicitly called in Oscar’s base User class. It previously was wired up as a post_save signal receiver on the User model, which does not work in Django 1.5+.
- #1128 - Calls to Source.debit without an amount argument were failing as balance was being called as a method instead of a property.
- #1130 - Variant products were not fetching the product class instance correctly within is_shipping_required.
- #1132 and #1149 - Rich text attributes were not supported. Should be displayed correctly now. Also introduced hooks for adding support for e.g. file and image types.
- #1133 - The order detail page for anonymous checkouts failed to render if reviews were disabled.
- #1134 - Fixed a bug caused where unicode characters in child products’ titles were incorrectly handled.
- #1138 - Adjust the OrderAndItemCharges shipping method to not count lines that don’t require shipping.
- #1146 - Various templates were adjusted to gracefully handle deleted products.